Jeremy Paxman now joins other distinguished and long serving BBC presenters in criticising the BBC.
From memory the list includes :-
Well they cannot all be wrong can they
Paxman's complaints include the following:-
1. 60 million golden goodbyes
2. How the BBC distorts the market and undermines commercial rivals
3. Waste as in the £100 million Digital Media Initiative
4. Poor BBC management
5. Funding for the likes of Radio 1 which the private sector can and do cover.
6. Unnecessary web presence
7. How it challenges the country's press through publicly funded news websites.
So quite a lot to be getting on with there and of course nothing that I haven't covered on this blog.
IMO the changes to the BBC will be gradual and will be brought about by the gradual reduction in the value of the licence fee. Sweeping and dramatic change is simply not the way the BBC does business.