Thursday 1 October 2015

# 366 - WAR - Update on my TV licence - Part four.

This is this my final update on my protest to not pay my TV licence, which I have not done since 2008 due to the BBC's bias.

After my house was searched, under a warrant, on the 28th May I knew that I would be taken to court as TV licencing had finally proved I did have a live TV. My aim, from then on in, was to try and reduce my fine to the absolute minimum.

My court appearance was at the North Somerset Magistrates court on 29th September where I pleaded guilty and submitted my 'Plea in Mitigation below'.

The three magistrates completely ignored my plea for a conditional discharge and fined me £805.

However as I had not paid my licence since 2008 I had saved over £1000 so on that basis it was a relatively happy ending.

Sadly the BBC's output is still bias and unless or until there is a MASS refusal to not pay the licence fee, including some high profile people, then individual protestors will be picked off  by the Establishment and the 'System'. 

As to hoping that there is even one MP with the guts to lead this campaign I suggest you don't hold your breath.

Statement of Mitigation
First I would like to point out that I now own a TV licence, having brought one on line on the 30th May, copy attached, and I have done so as I intend to continue my protest in other directions.
Second and importantly, I would like to ask you to remember how much the public are reliant on you and our court system, in general, to protect them from the over mighty ‘Establishment’ and ‘State’ to ensure they both do not abuse their power and privileges to the detriment of us the people.
So I am here accused of not paying my TV licence. This stance is a political protest because as a ‘customer’ of the BBC I am not, nor are the rest of the public, receiving the un-biased ‘service’, we should get, as laid down in the Royal Charter of the BBC. In any other walk of life the ‘customer’ is rightly protected by the law against faulty goods or services and I contend the same should apply to the BBC. How can I be charged for breaking the law when the BBC breaks its supply contract with apparent impunity, broadcasting in a biased manner on a daily basis, which is against its Royal Charter? That the non payment of my TV licence has been a political protest is acknowledged by the attached letter of support from my Member of Parliament.  
That the BBC’s output is biased is now increasingly an established fact and most recently endorsed by Roger Mosey, in June this year, former head of BBC news adding to the long list of past BBC journalists and officials, MPs ,official reports and the public who can all see the BBC is bias.
Over the last 25 years I have been noting, complaining and recording the BBC’s bias in three specific areas where they clearly and provably do not report in a balanced way. These are their reports that are pro climate change, pro the EU, form who they have received millions of pounds in soft loans, and pro the left of British politics. My analysis and records show that the BBC is institutionally bias.
The idea of being fined for a genuine political protest is uncomfortable to me as a decent hard working member of society who otherwise is of good character. Furthermore the idea that the State enforces TV licensing as a criminal offence is also uncomfortable as it criminalizes me an otherwise decent person. Also here in England we face the unfairness, of the recently reported disparity, between the more lenient sentencing for this offence in Scotland. This strengthens the case for decriminalising this offence and having it dealt with in the civil courts as is currently being examined by the current government.  
I purchased my licence through gritted teeth despite the injustice and I hope you will consider this is a case that you could seriously consider for a conditional discharge.
Thank you for listening and for your consideration to my plea in mitigation.
T.N.Warry
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I found this post interesting as it's something I'v been looking into - precisely the fact that I'm paying for a service that I'm not receiving. Most interestingly though, is that I see the BBC as having a big bias towards the right, not the left...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Unknown. With respect, it is clear that you don`t watch (or listen) to the BBC. In my humble opinion, I`ve noticed their left bias for at least 20 years and it happens every day. Just watch QT on a Thursday night (out of 5 panelists, three will be left or left of centre. Or listen to Radio 4 and some of their programmes. Sorry, but you`re definitely wrong.

    ReplyDelete